OSX LION USERS - PAY ATTENTION
due to some API changes in Lion you need a development version of SDL which fixes issues related to Lion
, some more info in the comments there).
I've used this SDL 1.2
(don't use 1.3!).
Go to its root directory and type
make installto configure, compile and install it.
When you're running Lion, you may get the following error during compilation
make: *** [build/SDL_RLEaccel.lo] Error 1
in which case you need to do use
If during installation you get the following error
install: /usr/local/include/SDL/SDL.h: Permission denied
try running the installation as root
sudo make install
Stracciatella: source code
Get the latest Stracciatella revision from SVN
svn co svn://tron.homeunix.org/ja2/trunk ~/ja2
Macintosh-2:~/ja2 $ make
===> CC sgp/TranslationTable.c
===> CXX Build/AniViewScreen.cc
===> CXX Build/Credits.cc
===> CXX Build/Fade_Screen.cc
===> CXX Build/Utils/_PolishText.cc
===> CXX Build/Utils/_RussianText.cc
===> LD ja2
Yay, done! Play by running it
Optionally clean up the mess
You will need the original datafiles from a windows install, and configure them as follows
- The first time you run the application, it will create a settings folder in your home dir
- In this folder, JA2 will create the configuration file
- The game will only work after you configure a valid path to your windows-install-datafiles in this ja2.ini - for example:
data_dir = /Applications/JaggedAlliance2/
Points of attention
- Be aware that Tron's latest revision will still contain bugs. Most are discussed and solved on this forum.
- When switching from fullscreen to windowed mode and back, the game will crash in tactical screen when you encounter enemies.
(just always start game and play in fullscreen, dont switch to windowed - the screenshot above is just a proof it works on OSX)
- If you're having questions/trouble with compiling, read this thread - it may help you
- Upgrade to 800x600 (precompiled)
- Play with the source code :)
it's all possible, and it's all been done.
- Want to allow 2 IMP merc's?
- Want to be able to skip militia turns by holding SHIFT?
- Want to be able to change Merc clothing color?